1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I joined CrossFit BC on Dec 1, 2019 so I have been going 3x each week except when we closed for COVID and I did the exercises you gave us nearly every day.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I joined because my daughters loved it, and they had wanted me to join for ages.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I am definitely stronger than when I started-my arms are more defined but my 6 pack is still not evident!…yet.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
If I would say one thing it would be – what are you waiting for? This is exercising for all ages.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I don’t really have a favourite activity-I like most of them.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Outside cross fit I love snowshoeing, hiking, walking and gardening.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My proudest accomplishment was being able to lift 45 pounds doing a back squat!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
As for eating-my diet has basically stayed the same, but I do drink more water than I ever have.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I think people at the gym would be surprised to know that after one year I still don’t know the names of the exercises we do!! I always have to ask the trainers!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
For me the most inspiring aspects of the gym are the trainers and the participants. They are all the same-kind, friendly, encouraging, patient and really nice. They are like family. I absolutely LOVE going. It is a highlight of my day.