2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was doing bootacamp in the mornings with Dan. He suggested I give it a try. Both my daughter and husband were already doing Crossfit.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Overall I am much stronger. Since starting I lost 25 lbs.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. You have to do your own work out.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I like rowing. I come from a rowing background so it is also the exercise that comes most naturally.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, kayaking, anything outside really.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Anytime I accomplish something for the first time. Double unders, RX weight, PR’s
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I started eating a plant based diet in January 2013. The Vegie in a gym full of meat eaters. 🙂 It has worked really well for me. I feel lighter, stronger and have more energy.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I don’t eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
All the moms who come into the gym and kick ass. It gives me hope that I will be able to do a pull up without the band one day!