1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Harry made me do it! Haha! I had been going to a bootcamp class on and off for years and was uninspired by it. So when Harry asked me to come try Crossfit, I thought why not and actually came back after my first wod of thruster!
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Mentally is where I see the biggest improvement. Crossfit has helped me through the loss of my Dad. He passed in Oct 2017 and I needed a healthy outlet for my grief.
And the extra benefits are that I am stronger than I ever imagined I was.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t put off trying just because it seems intimidating – I’m still intimidated but we have fun, work hard and its a great supportive community. And everything is scalable to fit where you are now.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I love cleans and deadlifts because I never imagined I would or could do these things.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I love to hike and be outside. I am planning a 154km hike in Scotland this May.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My first week I struggled to run 200m and a couple weeks ago I ran 10kms! And I can deadlifted 200 lbs!
My goals are to do a HSPU and a 20” box jump… its a mental block for me but we are working on it.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I am always making changes and trying to eat good with a healthy balance of chocolate and wine 🙂 I recently started working with Sophie to focus more on healthy choices.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I dropped out of high school before finishing grade 8… I went back at 18 and completed high school in 1 year, then went to college and on to become an award winning interior designer.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I have to say Harry because he is always so encouraging and he truly believes in everyone.