1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I started 1 on 1’s with Rob in January 2018, then went on to regular 9:30 classes not long after.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was a Police Officer for 11 years before I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and ultimately ended up retiring. My phycologist had been pressuring me for ages to try CrossFit as shes an avid Crossfitter as well. After several years of pushing I finally did it and haven’t looked back since. I was lucky enough to be paired up with Rob, who I now consider one of the most important people in my life as he’s changed it, and keeps on me to keep going!
3. What changes in your health, physique and aoverall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Nothing fits…..I have a completely new wardrobe. My body’s isn’t even remotely the same shape anymore, I have a lot more arm area to tattoo, and I just feel good!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Just try it! it’s hard as hell but unbelievably rewarding!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
The deadlift. Rob started me with a 95lb bar 2 years ago and I remember saying “oh boy, that’s a lot” Now it’s 426lbs!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Skiing, but having kids has slowed that down. He’s just old enough to get on the hill so hopefully he loves it.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Just getting in the door, I’ve never stuck with any sort of exercise program before.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Not as much as I should. I still love Ice Cream and Donuts way too much!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ve met the Queen of England at a Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My wife and son. Jenny and Cooper need a healthy Husband and Dad. CrossFit has helped both my mental and physical health and lets me give them what they need!