1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I originally got into it through a friend about 4/5 years ago and I didn’t realize it was Crossfit as it wasn’t in a traditional box and it was called Crosstraining. After the first couple of workouts I quickly realized it was Crossfit.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Overall I’m a much stronger person in all aspects, physically, mentally and emotionally.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Make sure you learn the fundamentals first along with proper lifting mechanics and technique; additionally, you have to give yourself time (weeks, months) for your body to adjust to the workouts.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I’ve come to really enjoy Snatching, and Cleaning, on the WOD side, I enjoy Annie, Megan, and reluctantly do Fran consistently.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I’m very fortunate to have many different activities (hobbies and pursuits) but I enjoy sitting on the dock at the family lake house, if you call that an activity.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
There’s not one single accomplishment but there’s not a better feeling than achieving a personal best or learning a new movement or technique (handstand pushups, double-unders, muscle-ups, kipping pull-ups).
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Well, April 1st, I had to stop eating chocolate chip cookies for breakfast as I was getting a little soggy around the midsection LOL. I love wine and cheese and because of that, I try and eat well in all other aspects of my life.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I have my WSET Level 2 and completed Level 3 for wine… Yup, you probably never saw that one coming. LOL
10. What/who inspires you the most?
You know, it’s really the people I surround myself with in my life that inspire and continue to drive me forward and that keep me hungry.