1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I joined CrossFit BC about five years ago and knew nothing about lifting or weights but wanted to get in shape.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I had heard that the community at CrossFit is so encouraging and helpful and being so intimidated I decided to give it a try and have never looked back.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I found that I had no energy at work and could no believe how much the CrossFit workouts gave me energy and stamina and started changing my physic and a few muscles starting showing up!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Jump in give it a try, every instructor is so helpful and encouraging and will guide you along the way. No one wants to see you get hurt and the technique and instruction gets you through and keeps you coming back, with the day to day, week to week improvements you feel so fantastic.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I absolutely love deadlifts and would never have succeeded as far as I have without the constant coaching.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I ride my bike around our lovely City and to work whenever the Vancouver weather permits.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
I’m almost off my knees with a decent push up which I have found difficult to build the upper body strength, can’t wait!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Sophie Straith our CrossFit BC Co-owner and nutrition coach helped guide me through my eating habits to correct what I was missing. Do you really know how much protein you need in a day? It’s a lot, and don’t come to a CrossFit class without eating breakfast honestly!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am 61 years old and may not be the strongest athlete in the gym but gosh every day I show up you all give me encouragement and praise, and I hope that I also offer the same encouragement back. Come on folks that’s why we all love it so much right! It’s that ‘whoohoo’, ‘way to go’, ‘high five’ and hopefully soon the ole ‘hugs’ that make us all feel great!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Sophie Straith our CrossFit BC manager, instructor, and nutrition coach, has improved tremendously over the last five years that I have been around and goes to show that you put your mind towards a goal and away you go!
Thanks CrossFit BC, even through these trying times! Let’s make 2021 everyone’s year to shine, and improve. Set that goal!