1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I joined about 10 months ago.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was looking for an intensive social workout. Meeting others every morning and having a group workout is really enjoyable. I don’t like working out alone, so I found CrossFit to be a fantastic option since it’s like being part of a team, which is very motivating.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I feel fitter and stronger. My conditioning has improved. I can see an overall change in my physique and performance. It helps me handle daily stress and be more productive and energic during the day.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Listen to coaches and don’t push yourself too hard. You have to be patient and consistent if you’d want to see changes. I recommend focussing on techniques before increasing weights. Try to work on your weakness but don’t focus on only one part of the body.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Honestly, the rest between rounds is my most favorite part :). From my point of view, all exercises are hard, but it is a good feeling when you manage to do it and don’t give up. The good point about CrossFit is that you compete with yourself.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Spending time with my family and hang out with friends. I am a social person, so partying and enjoying life are my favorite activities.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Waking up every day at 5 am to join the 6 am Session. So far I haven’t skipped any sessions as long as I’m in town.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Of course, I am eating healthier and try to avoid sugar and carbohydrates that contain starch.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Being nominated as the Athlete of the Month!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
A quote from Dante Alighieri. “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.” So, I have always been trying to stand for what I believe and don’t give up fighting for a better world.