CrossFit BC will be participating in the annual Underwear Affair on July 6th, 2013 as a group because we all want to raise money for cancers below the belt! The BC Cancer Foundation’s Underwear Affair is a 10k Run/5K Walk to uncover cures for cancers such as prostate, colon, ovarian etc.
Please help us in our efforts to raise money for care and research for cancers “down there”! You can either donate to our team, or join us!
Join our team by clicking here.
4 Rounds For Time
7 Deadlift 155/225
2) Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was tired of hitting the globo gym and wanted more intensity in my workouts.
3) What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Definitely in the best shape of my life. I had neglected leg training for years and now have a more balanced and stronger physique. Metabolic conditioning is also much improved. I finished the 2012 open in the bottom 3rd of the region. This year finished top 14%.
4) What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Don’t lift too heavy too soon. Proper technique is a must before racing through the heavier WOD’s. That said on the less technically challenging WOD’s be sure to push yourself. You get back what you put in. A mediocre effort will not yield the same benefits as an all out effort. Train hard and get adequate rest.
5) What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I love some of the more challenging exercises. Muscle ups, snatches and overhead squats.
6) What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Spending time with my family and friends.
7) What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Consistently hitting new PR’s is exciting and motivating for me.
8) Have you made any changes to your diet?
I cut back a lot on grains and sweet foods. I’m not very restrictive as I want to gain a few pounds. Eating lots of protein something I always stay on top of.
9) Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m not very introverted. Lol, what you see is what you get.
10) What/who inspires you the most?
The athletes older than me that crush WOD’s. The great thing about CrossFit is your not over the hill at 25. I believe I can improve year after year for quite some time still.
Copyright © 2013 Crossfit BC. All Rights Reserved.