1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I wanted to be strong and challenge myself and when I checked it out everyone was so welcoming and supportive.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I am definitely way stronger – and still improving which is so much fun to be doing in my 50’s!
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Do it, don’t be scared, don’t tell yourself you need to get fitter first or lose weight. It really is do-able for anyone – everything can be scaled to the appropriate level – and it truly makes working out fun!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I like things where I can be on a more equal playing field with my super-fast and strong compatriots – so things like wall walks are kind of fun because everyone moans and falls almost as much as me. I love overhead squats because I can actually do them pretty well, and handstand push-ups because they are a fun challenge I am close to mastering (and never in my life thought I would do)!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Sitting by the ocean sipping a good vino, hiking, playing with my dogs, and a lot of nerdy things like reading and watching movies.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Finally mastering double unders! And participating in the open – my first ever competition and it was such an interesting, stressful and very cool experience.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
This is probably my hardest challenge as I am a sugar addict – but I am definitely making a better effort to eat more protein, especially after a workout.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am somewhat visually and spatially impaired lol – but I think anyone who has worked out with me knows that (hence my very fitting CF name). I am also a total sci-fi geek and fantasize about being an inter-galactic psychologist.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
At the box probably Sophie – she is so strong and amazing while also kind and encouraging – also all the other Masters participants who regularly show me what is possible (and my young friends too)! And people in general who manage the hard knocks of life with grace and compassion.
Copyright © 2014 Crossfit BC. All Rights Reserved.