Featured Athlete – Jaimee “Jamcakes” Fraser
1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
December 2016 after I finished the New You program
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I wanted to try something new and was really attracted to the community aspect of Crossfit.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My overall strength is getting better and I definitely have a lot more energy.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
There is so much support and encouragement from everyone and the coaches are always there to help and guide you through the workouts. You really do feel part of a big family.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Hiking and snowshoeing in the local mountains
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
I’m able to do some push ups now without doing “the worm”
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’ve cut out caffeine completely and dairy as much as possible.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I am a shameless country music fan
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Everyone who is just killing it at the gym. It inspires to keep working harder.