Featured Athlete – Gabe “MF 2.0” LaBelle
1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
Some time January 2016.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
Because I wouldn’t want to train my cardio and strength separately and it seems to be the most effective form of working out for me.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I am way more faster than I was before I started, I’m a lot stronger than most of the kids around me and I feel a lot better about myself overall.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Take it slow, you’ll get there.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
My favourite cross-fit exercises are muscle ups and handstand pushups because I still can’t believe I can do them.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Just going to the gym and getting stronger.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Every day is an accomplishment. These WODs can be really hard.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I cut out candy and chips and most of the bad stuff and replaced them with greens, nuts, etc. I enjoy eating whatever helps my body.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Usually people get confused and/or shocked when I tell them I’m 15.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
The coaches at EvolutionBC constantly push me and support me to do the most that I can do. A lot of my inspiration also comes from the fact that I can’t feel sorry for myself because of my physical genetics. I have to work hard and discipline myself to be the best that I can be because strength and speed don’t come naturally.