Featured Athlete – Alsu “Flower” Pasek
1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I moved from Europe 2 years ago, where CrossFit is not so huge and popular like it is here. So I decided to try something new and challenging for myself.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
My body has definitely started changing from being skinny to being more defined. I can feel myself getting stronger and tougher.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
The main piece of advice I gave myself from the start (and I think it works for everyone), is try to visit the gym regularly. Speak with the coaches and set realistic goals for yourself. Don’t be shy to and don’t worry if you look funny sometimes – no one will judge you at CrossFit BC. I was falling down with the bar on my shoulder and just had more fun!
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Deadlifts are the best!
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
I like skiing and bicycling.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My proudest accomplishment was when I was able to climb the rope. I couldn’t even do it in my high school!
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Not really, but the small changes I made were tips from the coaches and it made me look even more fit and muscular!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
My daughter is turning 17 this year!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
The man who is paying for my classes! (joking).
Of course, the guys from my gym! They are friendly and fun.
My coaches Dan, Mahyar, Rob, and Sally.
My buddies: Steve, who is 70 and he is more active than me, and Kayvan, who is huge and positively supportive and many others!