1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
About a year and a half ago shortly after I moved out to BC.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I’d done CrossFit back in Ontario for about a year and since starting it has always been more appealing than just going to the gym. The day to day monotony of a regular routine became boring and needed something with more variety.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Overall I just feel healthier and less lethargic. CrossFit has also made it so that there aren’t physical tasks that ever seem daunting or will leave me sore for days on end. If I want to do a big hike it’s no problem, go and try rock climbing, or just playing pick up sports, I always feel more than up to the task.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Biggest thing would be just getting the first classes out of the way and diving in! It seems intimidating from the outside looking in but you become addicted to grinding through workouts and spending time with the other members.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Heading to the beach with everyone followed by overindulging on food.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
In the past it would have been getting ring muscle ups but now it’s just the progression you can see on everything. Lately it’s been increasing my snatch weight (thanks Mayhem!).
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’m more conscious about what I eat but will likely never follow anything strict.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m from Hamilton!! Steel city!
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Can’t think of any one thing but watching Harry Saini do 3 workouts a day, then some Krav, and maybe a few hours of paddle boarding definitely makes me feel a bit guilty if I ever rest or feel tired and helps me get my butt in gear!