1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
Probably around the end of 2012
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
One of my friends wanted to try it out and didn’t want to do it by themselves so asked me to tag along. We did a 2 week trial and I was hooked ever since
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I like to think I’m stronger now than when I first started! I would say… it has definitely been more a mental aspect for me more than anything.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
I’d say to just give it a chance. I know over the years, Crossfit hasn’t had the best of reputations… but it definitely is something worth trying. If nothing at all, the community of people you get to meet is worth it.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
I enjoy the Olympic lifts and surprisingly enough… handstand push-ups.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Eating. Hahahaha if that doesn’t count… I also really enjoy basketball.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Till this day, the first time I was able to kick up into a handstand would be my proudest accomplishment. I have this thing where I dislike having my feet off the ground. And I remember needing BOTH Troy and Sophie’s help in getting me up onto the wall that first time.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I wouldn’t say I have. I do try to be aware of what I eat, but at the end of the day, I enjoy food. So really, I work out so I can eat.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I used to lion dance. Doing 25-40 performances in a span of 2 weeks during Chinese New Year was definitely one of my favourite pastimes.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
To be honest, everyone that I have come across at the gym have inspired me one way or another. It’s not about how strong or how fast you are, everyone here shows up to work, to have fun and just to get a workout in really. Everyone’s at the gym on their own journey and I love that we have been able to find a community in which we genuinely care about each other.