1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
We had just finished the New York Marathon and I was looking for a new way to train as I was not feeling that personal training was getting me anywhere.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I have visible muscles! I find that I just feel better about myself overall. I do not look or train like an average mid 50s woman and I am proud of that. I also have to say that I have learned over the years to take myself and the sport less seriously. Since recently returning to Crossfit I have decided to laugh more and not worry about the next weight or time.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Crossfit is an amazing sport if you do it right. Go slow and maintain technique. This will help you avoid injuries. Check your ego at the door! And really have fun.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
To be honest I kinda like burpees. I am also a fan of the thruster.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Well winning the Master’s Challenge in November is pretty cool but I think everytime I learn something new I feel a sense of accomplishment. Kipping toes to bars or when I can get consistent chest to bar pull ups. Those are the real deal.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Sometimes I do but I think I have a pretty good diet. I don’t exclude anything but try not to over indulge in any one thing either.
9. What/who inspires you the most?
There are lots of famous people that I could say inspire me but really I am inspired by many people in everyday life. I find the older I get the more I admire the little things that people do for each other.