1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I started CrossFit BC about six months ago, in May 2018.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I chose CrossFit because I was really bored at the gym and didn’t have any motivation to keep up a regular workout routine. I got sick of my pants feeling tight, and I loved watching the CrossFit Games online, so I decided to give it a try.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Once I started CrossFit, the biggest difference I noticed was just how sore I felt, EVERYWHERE. It really made me realize how little I actually used my muscles before, and how much of my body I was completely neglecting.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
In terms of advice, the biggest thing that I’ve learned about CrossFit is that it’s for EVERYONE. Before I started I was really intimidated, but my favorite thing about the gym is that there are literally all types of people there. It doesn’t matter if you can do the movements as prescribed or not! There’s always a scaling option that means everybody can participate, and it’s the least judgmental place I’ve ever been.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
My favorite CrossFit exercise is handstand push-ups.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
My favorite activity outside of CrossFit is probably ATVing in Whistler, if you don’t count eating.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
My proudest accomplishment at CrossFit is finally being able to do pull-ups without a band.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I’ve made some changes to my diet, but to be honest, the biggest difference is more how I think about food. Before I dieted to get skinny, and now I eat well to have more energy.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I normally wear contacts, but if people try my glasses on, they are usually shocked about how bad my eyesight is. (-7.75) It’s really, really bad.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
I get super inspired just seeing everybody at the gym. There are so many people there that can do things I never thought I’d be able to do, and watching everybody improve really makes me want to get better too. I like cheering people on, and the best part about CrossFit is always having people around that celebrate your accomplishments with you.