1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I was tired of standard gym workouts, and hit a plateau which I could not get past. The three parts that sold me were the personal coaching, intensity of workouts and the community aspect of crossfit.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Endurance and overall cardiovascular strength have increased tremendously over the past few months. I am performing movements that I never thought possible, and at high intensity.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
I wish I started this years ago. Everyone from the instructors, staff and fellow athletes are supportive and only want to see you succeed.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Bar muscle ups (Even if I can only string together 5)
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Swimming with my daughter. (I use her as a free weight to get a workout in)
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
First bar muscle up done in September and pistols without assistance.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
This is my Achilles heal, I can not seem to be consistent with my diet both in terms of nutrition and frequency of meals eaten. Trying to do better by eating more regularly throughout the day and watching my intake more carefully.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I could not think of anything, and I asked my wife if she could think of anything. She said my life is pretty much an open book and proceeded to call me boring.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
My daughter and wife. I know a lot of guys who give up trying to be the best they can be physically after marriage or after having children. They motivate me to improve in all aspects of life. (Also, Tom Brady, because he is the greatest athlete of all time)