1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
I started at CrossFit BC back in November of last year
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I played competitive hockey and football my whole life and once I had finished playing competitively the monotony of training at a regular gym and going through the motions of chest day, leg day etc. grew very tired, very quick.
CrossFit was an opportunity to try something new and challenging that made exercising enjoyable again.
CrossFit also gave me the chance to meet tons of awesome new people after moving to BC from Ontario last fall
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
Since starting Crossfit my overall energy levels have gone way up (except for immediately following a WOD).
Physically I’ve seen gains in strength, endurance, and in my ability to perform different movements all while losing body fat.
Coolest thing is that you won’t do a movement for sometimes for months and then hit a PR on it because of all the other complimentary workouts we do.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Going to the first class is the toughest and can be intimidating but once you start you’ll be hooked.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Anything that is related to gymnastics, they’re the hardest and most humbling movements but the best once you finally start to get them.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
Hiking, golfing, or playing football…anything that gets me outside.
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
Finally getting ring muscle ups.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
I like to indulge in food far too much to go on any type of diet, but I definitely try to eat as clean as I can most of the time.
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
Maybe that my go to genre of movies and first choice on Netflix are Romantic Comedies…I grew up with only sisters and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days would always get more votes than Lord of the Rings on movie nights/road trips.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Knowing that if I sweat enough during a WOD I won’t feel as guilty about an extra tub or two of Ben & Jerry’s!