1. When did you join CrossFit BC?
Just over a year ago, July 2016.
2. Why did you choose CrossFit?
I had heard a ton about it. Some friends had done some classes, etc. but I just never went. After a few early drinks, on the way home Tammy and I decided to drop by and ask a few questions. Amy was there, explained everything we needed to know to us and booked into a beginner class.
3. What changes in your health, physique and overall performance have you seen since starting CrossFit?
I ran run longer, I'm faster, WAY stronger. I'm the fittest I've ever been in my life that's for sure! I did my fastest half marathon ever this year and I've more energy daily.
4. What advice would you give to someone with regards to starting CrossFit?
Try it. Everyone starts somewhere and its probably from a place where you don't think you can do it, but that's usually the same place we all start. The coaches and crew at CrossfitBC are encouraging, supportive and definitely patient. The hardest part is probably signing up to your first class but you wont regret it.
5. What is your favourite CrossFit exercise?
Running lol, but I'm liking things which I used to find difficult like a squat snatch because I see more progress on what I'm bad at, so I like it more.
6. What is your favourite activity outside of CrossFit?
7. What is your proudest accomplishment at CrossFit?
By far competing at the CanWest Games 2017 with Jonathan and Andrea. One of the best weekends of my life with the most supportive team and people around. It was a weekend full of PRs and pushing ourselves.
8. Have you made any changes to your diet?
Little changes like cutting out most dairy items. Apart from that I eat everything, I love cakes!
9. Is there something that people would be surprised to know about you?
I support Liverpool and try get up at 4-6am to watch games on Saturday or Sundays.
10. What/who inspires you the most?
Really everyone. Everyone is great at different things so its so easy to be inspired by everyone on any event. In Crossfit, its the coaches that really inspire me (shout out Mayhem), the effort they put into helping others achieve their goals are really amazing, there is no doubt I would not be able to do half the things I now can if it wasn't for them giving extra time when needed and showing patience as I learn something new. That inspires me to come back and get better.